Thursday, September 16, 2010

School Days Take Two






Our beginning theme for this year at UCS was the ocean/beach.  I have had such a fun time decorating for it.  I searched Myrtle Beach shops for an authentic fishing net.  Some of the shells also came from the beach there.




The underwater ceiling was so hard to hang!!  It took seven rolls of blue cellophane to cover the ceiling.  I went from ceiling tile to tile, on a ladder, weaving the cellophane in and out. It took hours!!  After the cellophane was all up, I then went back between the waves and did the same thing with two colors of streamer. Needless to say, I was not ready to hop on a ladder again anytime soon!  The large fish/whales/sharks are each 54 inches in length and were found at one of my favorite stores:  Dollar Tree.










This is my little fella fishing. Note the blue and orange UCS colors. :) The blue plaque above his head says "Fishers of Men". I found the plaque on clearance at a store in Gatlinburg on our trip at the beginning of the summer.







The halls at UCS have all been decorated to go with the beach theme.  The energy level is so high in celebration of the 20th year.  I am so excited to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment