Thursday, September 16, 2010

School Days

It has been forever since we have posted! I have been so busy with the start of school.  It's always a challenge switching gears from the summer time/keeping the house clean/errands to full time work/keeping the house clean/errands. 


Gabe started Kindergarten this year!  We are a month into school and he is absolutely loving it.
I absolutely LOVE being just down the hall from him.  It is truly a highlight of my day to be able to pass him in the hall and give him a hug or to help him open his lunch at lunchtime. 
Sometimes I almost can't believe that he is old enough to be in Kindergarten. Surely it wasn't five years ago that he was a happy, bouncing baby!  Time certainly does fly!  It seems like I just turned around and in an instant that little baby turned into this funny little man who always makes me laugh.  I am so enjoying the young boy he is. He has a strong character, albeit a bit stubborn at times, and he asks me such thought-provoking questions.  My answer many times is, "I don't know, but we'll find out."
As he enters this time in his life, that of "real school", I have found that my prayers for him have increased.  My heart aches for those moments when he will be saddened by the actions of a friend, or hurt when he is not chosen for a game.  I pray that God will give me wisdom during those times to guide him.   Raising a child is such a joy, but it certainly is an awesome responsibility at the same time.  I pray that David and I are doing a good job of being Christian role models for Gabe so that he will one day be a strong Christian man.  My utmost prayer for Gabe is that he will always love the Lord, and walk in His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment